These days there are more and more options for folks who prefer not to eat meat, and it seems the number of people experimenting with such plant-based diets is increasing.
A new survey finds:
- 57% of Americans say that since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis they’ve been eating fewer animal products.
- Close to 60% say they are moving more towards a flexitarian or semi-vegetarian diet.
- 58% say they experiment with plant-based diets regularly.
- As for why folks are embracing plant-based diets, the biggest reasons include
- Making healthier food choices (50%)
- A desire to eat fewer animal products (42%)
- Wanting to live a more sustainable lifestyle (39%)
And while you may not be able to imagine enjoying a plant-based diet, a lot of folks insist it’s quite tasty.
- 57% say they actually crave plant-based food weekly.
- 62% “frequently” buy plant-based products at the store.
- 60% say they enjoy plant-based versions of food better than the real thing.
- Those polled suspect they’ll completely move to a plant-based diet within five years.