While we’re always hearing reports about the latest diet or exercise craze, it seems as though most Americans aren’t really focused on getting themselves healthy. In fact, a new report suggests America’s obesity problem is worse than ever.
- Data from Trust for America's Health finds adult obesity rates in the U.S. are at 42.4% this year, the first time it’s ever passed 40%.
- Overall, the national obesity rate has increased 26% since 2008.
- Rates of childhood obesity have also increased to 19.3% for children two to 19.
- Mississippi once again has the highest obesity rate in the country at 40.8%.
- Colorado has the lowest at 23.08%
- Overall 12 states have obesity rates over 35%. They include:
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Source:Trust For American Health