While working from home can be great it does make a lot of people feel like they can never get a break, especially when it comes to technology.
A new survey finds:
- 73% of Americans say working from home has caused them to suffer from “digital overload.”
- Another 74% say they spend the majority of the day looking at a screen.
- It’s causing over half of respondents to reach for paper and pen during the day.
Overall, most Americans admit to facing lots of challenges while working from home.
- 60% admit they are less productive.
- 66% blame their decrease in productivity on the people they live with
- 62% say it's because of distractions in and around their workspace.
- 40% say they don’t have the right tools to get their job done.
One major issue is finding the ideal workspace at home.
- The average person has actually tried three different at-home spaces before finding the best setup.
- The top “Wishlist” items for an ideal setup include:
- Peace and quiet (38%)
- Reliable Internet connection (38%)
- High-quality headphones / headset for taking calls (36%)
- Ergonomic chair (30%)
- The ability to print as much and as often as I would like (29%)