While a lot of people do the best they can to stay healthy, sometimes their environment may be doing things that sabotage them without them even knowing. There's no doubt some areas in the country do a better job at making sure their residents are as healthy as possible (especially now), and now a new report reveals which ones are the best out there.
- “U.S. News & World Report” has teamed with the Aetna Foundation for their annual Healthiest Communities Ranking.
- They evaluated 3,000 communities nationwide across 84 health-related metrics in ten categories, including education, population, health, infrastructure and environment.
- So, with all that in mind, the magazine chose Los Almos, New Mexico as the Healthiest Community in the U.S.
- The area lands an overall score of 100, and comes in above 90 for Population Health (98), Housing (91) and Environment (91), and pretty high in several other categories.
- The area has a life expectancy of 83.5 years.
- And it’s pretty apparent that folks in Colorado are pretty healthy, with six of the Top Ten Healthiest Communities in that sate.
2020 Healthiest Communities - Top 10
(click herefor the full list)
- Los Alamos County, New Mexico
- Douglas County, Colorado
- Falls Church, Virginia
- Broomfield County, Colorado
- Routt County, Colorado
- Loudoun County, Virginia
- Pitkin County, Colorado
- Carver County, Minnesota
- Summit County, Colorado
- San Miguel County Colorado
Source:U.S. News & World Report