While we only welcomed fall in this week, a lot of folks are already thinking about the holiday season. In fact, a new report reveals many have already started their holiday shopping, according to a study conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Affirm
A new survey finds:
- 47% of Americans have already started their holiday shopping because they are bored at home.
- Half of those polled plan to start by October, although 15% started back in August.
- With only 17% of people still planning to travel this holiday season, three quarters of folks plan to use the money they would have spent traveling on holiday gifts.
- Not surprisingly, 48% of people plan to stick to online shopping for their holiday gifts this year.
As for what they intend to buy:
- 27% will buy more apparel and accessories.
- 25% expect to spend their money on electronics.
- And early shoppers are looking for a good deal, with 70% saying they are more likely to buy a sale item now than wait until Black Friday.