It’s safe to say keeping a child entertained during the coronavirus lockdown wasn’t easy for a lot of parents, and a new survey reveals just how bad things got.
The poll finds:
- The average American child announced, “I’m bored” to their parents six times a day during quarantine.
- Parents also had to deal with five temper tantrums a day, and six “career best” messes from their kids.
- Of course, a quiet child isn’t always the best either, with 77% of parents agreeing with the statement “I know my child is up to something when they are too quiet.”
- And that’s not all, 81% of parents have heard their child make an inexplicable noise, followed by “It’s nothing” or silence.
- Most parents will wait seven minutes before deciding to investigate that noise.
But it’s not all bad news.
- In fact, 40% of parents say their child’s behavior improved during lockdown.
- Parents say on days they were home with their child, their kids made them laugh seven times.
- 81% of parents believe they bonded more with their child during the lockdown than they would have otherwise.