While the idea of buying a house may sound exciting, there’s one major downside to it – moving. That’s right, nobody really likes to move, and for some, it’s the most stressful thing out there.
A new survey of folks who have moved within the last three years finds:
- 45% of folks say moving is absolutely the most stressful event in life.
- In fact, people find it more stressful than:
- Going through a breakup/divorce (44%)
- Getting married (33%)
- Having children (31%)
- Starting your first job ever (28%)
- Entering a new career/ industry (27%)
- Sending a child off to college (26%)
- Starting college (22%)
- Dating someone new (10%)
- Getting a pet (7%)
- 63% say their most recent move was one of the most stressful things they’ve ever been through.
- Of those who handled the move on their own, 43% insist they would never do that again.
- As for the most stressful things about moving, they include:
- Packing (48%)
- Sorting out what to keep and what to get rid of / donate (47%)
- Making a down payment on my new house / getting a mortgage (28%)
- Finding a mover (24%)
- Budgeting for movers (23%)
- Saving up enough money to sign a lease / get an apartment (14%)
- Budgeting for renting a moving van/truck (7%)