While there are some women who love to go shopping, there are others who dread it, and for those people the experience can be really terrifying.
A new poll by True&Co finds:
- Half of American women say they experience anxiety while shopping.
- 40% absolutely hate shopping for new clothes.
- 13% have actually started crying in the changing room because of their shopping struggles.
- 61% say they struggle to find an item in their size.
- 20% of women say they’ve felt judged about a purchase.
- 43% felt so defeated they simply gave up and left the store.
The stress does vary depending on what women are buying.
- The most stressful item to shop for is a bra, something 55% of women have anxiety about.
- Other stressful purchases include:
- Jeans (53%)
- Swimsuits (52%)
- Dress pants / slacks (40%)
- Underwear (39%)
- Lingerie (38%)
- Dresses (37%)
- Shoes (37%)
- Blouses (36%)
- Bodysuits (35%)