While we may think of places like New York or Los Angeles as the cities everyone dreams of living in, it seems they aren’t necessarily attracting the most folks. In fact, according to new report, there are lots of other cities that are growing at huge rates, and they may not be the ones you expect.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Fastest Growing Cities in America, ranking 515 cities on 17 key factors of growth and decline, over a seven-year period.
- Factors include things like population growth, unemployment, median household income growth, median house price and more.
- So, with all that in mind, the site has named Fort Myers, Florida as the fastest growing city in the U.S., with a score of 80.36 out of 100.
- Fort Myers is tops for Jobs & Economy, and fifth for Sociodemographic rank, which includes things like population growth, working age population growth and college educated population growth.
- Meridian, Idaho, which comes in third overall, is tops for Sociodemographic rank.
Top Ten Fastest Growing Cities In The U.S.
- Ft. Myers, FL
- Bend, OR
- Meridian, ID
- Milpitas, CA
- Enterprise, NV
- Frisco, TX
- Town ‘n’ Country, FL
- Round Rock, TX
- Mount Pleasant, SC
- Nampa, ID
- One note, when it comes specifically to big cities...Henderson, Nevada is the fastest growing large city in America, while Baltimore, Maryland is the large city with the lowest growth.
Click hereto see where your city falls on the list