While people will pay good money to get spooked at haunted houses over Halloween, not many want to actually live in one. But it turns out a bunch of people believe they are living in one and they aren't necessarily jumping to move.
A new realtor.com survey finds:
- 13% of people believe they currently live in a hunted home.
- 54% admit they knew or suspected their house was haunted before they moved in.
- 55% who think their house is haunted haven’t considered moving.
- Of course not everyone wants to live in a haunted home.
- In fact, 62% of those polled say they wouldn’t consider living in a house that was rumored to be haunted.
Now, what exactly leads homeowners to believe their home is haunted?
- Well, the biggest indicator is strange noises (44%), followed by:
- Shadows (38%)
- Hot and cold spots (37%)
- The feel of certain rooms (34%)
- Odd pet behavior (30%)
- Items moving (29%)
- The feel of being touched (29%)
- Levitating objects (17%)