Most Americans haven’t really traveled that far this year, and according to a new Airbnb report, that isn’t likely to change much next year.
Accordingto the report:
- 62% of Americans say in 2021 they are interested in taking a vacation “within driving distance.”
- And they’re not just traveling for vacation.
- 83% of people say they were considering relocating as part of remote work.
- 25% now believe they will be able to “live where they want” since they can continue to work remotely.
- The site notes that people are looking for longer stays, in small to mid-size cities "with access to immersive natural surroundings and wide open spaces,
With all this in mind, the site has revealed some of the top destinations for travel in 2021.
- Truckee River, California
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Durham, North Carolina
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Boise, Idaho
- Richmond, Virginia
- Greenville, South Carolina
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fort Walton Beach, Florida
The site notes that several winter ski resorts and beaches are also popular including:
- Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee
- Breckenridge, Colorado
- Davenport, Florida
- Palm Springs, California
- Tulum, Mexico