People suffer from all sorts of phobias, but thanks to the coronavirus, a lot of people have developed a new fear and it’s one that’s hard to escape from.
According to a report in Psych News Daily:
- The most Googled-phobia of 2020 is “anthropophobia,” or the fear of other people.
- Over the past 10 months, anthropophobia made up 22% of all nationwide searches, five times more than last year.
- It was the top searched fear in 11 states.
- Another coronavirus-related fear that was popular was “fear of being alone,” the most searched phobia in three states - Indiana, Minnesota, and Missouri
- Florida saw the most searches for germophobia, while those in California saw in increase in searches for nomohobia, fear of having no cellphone/fear of social media.
- In New York the most searches were for “philophobia,” the fear of falling in love or intimacy, while New Jersey was most fearful of the dark.
- Click hereto see what fear topped your state.
Source:Psych News Daily