Let’s face it—burgers are a staple of American cuisine and a burger with fries meal is one of the most-ordered items across the nation. Unfortunately, some of the most popular burgers come with a price and that price is calories, fat and sodium. You may be shocked by some of the most unhealthy burgers on the list. Here’s a list of 20 that go from bad to the absolute worst –as decided by the folks at “Eat This, Not That!”:
- Red Robin’s MadLove Burger– with 1,050 calories and 25 g saturated fat it’s a poor choice for anyone
- IHOP’s MegaMonster Cheeseburger– chock-full of calories and artery-clogging saturated fat with 1,060 and 31 g respectively
- Friendly’s Honey BBQ Burger– another gut-buster with 1,067 calories and 22 g saturated fat
- TGI Friday’s Signature Whiskey-Glazed Burger– infused with Jack Daniels, this one checks in at a whopping 1,100 calories, 25 g saturated fat AND 76 g of sugar—that’s a bad combination!
- Red Robin’s The Southern Charm Burger– 1,130 calories, 67 g fat and 40 g of sugar—that’s more sugar than a 2/3 cup serving of Ben & Jerry’s Karamel Sutra Core Ice Cream
- Perkins BBQ Tangler Burger– beef, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and 1,140 calories, 70 g fat and 1,690mg sodium (almost a full day of recommended 2,300 mg sodium per day)
- Perkins Patty Melt Pile On Sandwich– 1.170 calories and 78 g fat—sounding familiar as another poor choice?
- Red Robin’s Monster Burger– the numbers keep going up – 1,210 calories and 77 g fat for this “monster”
- Chili’s Southern Smokehouse Beef Burger– held together by a steak knife and contains 1,260 calorie and 83 g fat
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill Bacon Cheddar Burger– over a day and a half’s worth of saturated fat, a day’s worth of sodium and more than half of your daily recommended calories-1,350 calories, 99 g fat and 2,070 mg sodium
- Johnny Rockets’ Route 66 Double Turkey Burger w/gluten-free bun–the name may make it sound healthier, but it packs 1,380 calories, 100 g fat and 2,560 mg of sodium
- The Cheesecake Factory’s Americana Cheeseburger– it’s tasty but it has 1,400 calories, 93 g fat and a whopping 3,370 mg sodium
- The Cheesecake Factory Mushroom Burger– with 102 g of fat you could eat almost 8 Dove Milk Chocolate bars not to mention the 1,470 calories and 2,700 mg sodium
- Johnny Rocket’s Smoke House Double Burger 2/turkey burger on gluten-free bun– you could eat a stick of butter which has 92 g of fat and not reach the 100 g this one has in addition to 1,490 calories and 3,690 mg sodium
- Friendly’s Double Honey BBQ Burger– 94 g of fat with 40 g saturated is triple the recommended amount of saturated fat of 13 g per day. Add the 1,513 calories and 3,233 mg sodium and it’s another bad way to go
- Chili’s The Boss Burger– an artery-clogging monster with 43 g of saturated fat and over 3,000mg of sodium, not to mention 1,530 calories
- The Cheesecake Factory Bacon-Bacon Cheeseburger– with 3,450 mg sodium you could eat 1 ½ tablespoons of salt to reach that number. 1,590 calories and 108 g fat to boot
- Applebee’s Brunch Burger– a true meal of it’s own with 1,610 calories, 100 g fat and 3,060 mg sodium—this burger is actually topped with two strips of bacon, crispy hash browns and an egg over easy and has 3 times the calories of 3 Big Macs!
- Applebee’s Whisky Bacon Burger– when you add the bacon you up the numbers and this one has 1,650 calories, 102 g fat and 2,790 mg sodium
- Applebee’s Quesadilla Burger– the worst on our list has 1,670 calories, 110 g fat and a eye-dropping 3,580 mg sodium. If you ate 12 tablespoons or 2/3 cup of peanut butter you would reach the amount of fat in this one. It’s the unhealthiest burger that you can purchase from any restaurant chain
The only good news from this list is that all of the restaurants here have lighter, lower calorie and fat options on the menu so it’s up to you to decide how over-the-top you are willing to go for your burger.
Source:Eat This, Not That!