We all may think we’re excellent drivers, but with the amount of accidents we see on the road, that’s obviously not true. Some states have reputations for having the worst drivers on the road, while others may have a better record, and now a new report is revealing the truth about folks behind the wheel.
- QuoteWizard has just come out with their fifth annual list of the Best and Worst Drivers By State.
- They looked at two million insurance quotes, and created a score based on four driving incident factors:
- Speeding tickets
- Based on these criteria, Wyoming is the state with the worst drivers in the country.
- Meanwhile, West Virginia was deemed the state with the best drivers in the country.
Top Five Worst Driving States in the U.S.
- New Jersey
- South Dakota
Top Five Best Driving States in the U.S.
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list
Other tidbits from the report:
- Rhode Island is the most accident-prone state, followed by Maryland.
- California is the most lead-footed state, meaning they have the most drivers who get caught speeding. New York comes in second.
- Many of the drunkest driving states are near each other, with Wyoming topping the list, followed by North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska.
- Alabama is the state where drivers get the most citations, followed by Arkansas.