Nobody wants to live in an area that isn’t safe and as an outsider it’s easy to label some cities safe and others unsafe based on what we hear in the news. But are some big cities as unsafe as they seem? Well, a new report reveals the truth.
- A new report by Freeway Insurance reveals the safest and least safe cities in America.
- They looked at cities with populations of 50,000 or more.
- They based their findings on 2020 YTD data by municipal and regional police forces.
- They looked at safety based on Violent Crime Rate (50%), Murder Rate (30%) and Property Crime Rate (20%).
- Based on all of that, San Diego California is the safest city in the U.S. this year, followed by Meza, Arizona, and, believe it or not, New York, New York.
Top Ten Safest Big Cities In The U.S.
- San Diego, CA
- Mesa, AZ
- New York, NY
- San Jose, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Boston, MA
- Portland, OR
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Antonio, TX
- As or the least safe city, that would be Baltimore, Maryland, which leads the nation’s large cities in terms of murder per 1,000 people
- Meanwhile, Dallas, Texas, which is second overall, leads the nation in violent crime per 1,000 people.
Top Ten Least Safe Big Cities in the U.S.
- Baltimore, MD
- Dallas, TX
- Albuquerque, NM
- Austin, TX
- Miami, FL
- Oakland, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Minneapolis, MN
- Nashville, TN