There’s no question pets can be adorable, loving and probably the best friend a person will ever have, which is why it’s understandable why kids would want one. And as a new survey points out, in many families kidsreallywant them, and ask for them a lot.
According to a new poll:
- The average kid will beg their parents for a pet 1,584 times before thy turn 18.
- On average they’ll ask 11 times per month starting at age six.
- 74% of parents with school-aged children say their kid has asked for a pet.
- And all that begging does work, with two-thirds of parents giving in.
- On average, they break down and get a pet after three years of their kid asking for one.
- Not surprisingly, most want a dog, with 78% begging for a pooch.
- Dogs are followed by:
And parents better expect more begging in the coming months, with requsts usually increasing around the holidays.
- 62% of children asking for a pet will ask seven more times per month during the holiday season.
- It must work because a third of parents are planning to get their kids a pet over the holidays.
- And there’s a good reason a lot of parents give in.
- 46% of parents say they received a pet as a holiday present.
- 89% of those parents say it was the best gift they’ve ever gotten.