Let’s face it, we all have some kind of food that brings us back to childhood, or makes us feel better when we’re eating it. Such comfort foods can bring a lot of temporary joy, but where you live may play a role in which foods you seek out for that comfort.
- As we told you, Wallethub just came out with their list of the “Fattest” states in the U.S.
- As part of their report, they also determined the most popular comfort foods by state, and many of them are way up there on the calorie scale.
- For example, in Kentucky, the Kentucky Hot Brown is the most popular comfort food, at 951 calories per serving.
- While in Nevada, hotel buffets are the top choice, with at least 1,000 calories per serving.
- It’s probably not shocking to find out that the Philly Cheese Steak is the top comfort food in Pennsylvania, at a whopping 1,146 calories per serving.
- And in Wisconsin, folks reach for fried cheese curds at 1,140 calories per serving.
But not all popular comfort foods are high in calories.
- In Wyoming, Buffalo jerky is the most popular choice, at only 240 calories a serving.
- While those in Massachusetts find comfort in clam chowder, at only 201 calories a serving.
- And those in Utah love something called funeral potatoes, at 240 calories a serving.
Click hereto find the top comfort food in your state.