The holiday season is often when folks start thinking about giving back or volunteering to help those less fortunate, and it’s no doubt charitable donations will be more appreciated this year than ever before. And while there are some people who open their wallets time and time again, it seems folks in some states are way more charitable than others.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Most Charitable States in the U.S.
- They judged the 50 states on 19 key indicators of charitable behavior like share of income donated, volunteer rates and more.
- Topping the list as the overall most charitable state is Utah, which scores a 72.17.
- Utah ranks number two for volunteering and number nine for charitable giving.
- Oregon, which ranks fourth overall, is tops for volunteering, while New York, 19thoverall, is tops for charitable giving.
Top Ten Most Charitable States in the U.S.
(click hereto see where your state falls)
- North Dakota
- As for the state that is the least charitable, that “honor” goes to Arizona, which scores a 46.98, and ranks 50thfor charitable giving, and 43rdfor volunteering.