The holidays are a time when folks go out shopping to buy presents for loved ones, but according to a new survey, it sounds like a lot of people are thinking about themselves a little more this season.
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 25% of people plan to treat themselves to Christmas gifts this year.
- Most people say it's because they don’t expect a lot of gifts from others and after the past year, they deserve a treat.
- Top things they plan to buy themselves include:
- Mobile phone
- Games console
- When it comes to this holiday season, 29% of people say they don’t expect to get many gifts from others.
- Another 22% say they’d rather just get something for themselves than ask someone else to get it for them.
- But folks aren’t only buying stuff for themselves this holiday season.
- 61% of people will buy a gift for their significant other.
- 51% will get their children a gift.
- 49% will buy something for their mother.
- 38% will buy something for their dad.
- When it comes to what they’ll buy, 20% say they’ll spend extra time choosing a personal gift.
- 19% insist they will put extra effort into finding the right gift.
As for the holidays in general
- A third of people say Christmas is more important this year than ever before.
- 30% say they are more emotional than usual about the holiday season.