Thanksgiving usually marks the official beginning of the holiday shopping season, thanks to stores trying to lure folks in on Black Friday. And while like Thanksgiving, Black Friday will look a bit different this year, but that doesn’t mean there still aren’t deals to be had. But how do you know you’re getting the best deals possible?
- WalletHub just came out with their list of the Best Stores for Black Friday.
- They looked at looking at 7,000 deals from 26 of the biggest U.S. retailers’ 2020 Black Friday ad scans.
- Topping the list this year for best Black Friday deals is JC Penney, which is offering an average discount of 56.7%.
- WalletHub notes that the usual in-store Black Friday craziness is expected to be a lot less this year, with 70% of consumers saying they're “not likely at all” or “somewhat unlikely” to shop in stores on Black Friday.
Top Ten Best Stores For Black Friday
(click here for the complete list)
- JC Penney (56.7%)
- Macy’s (56%)
- Kohl’s (51.9%)
- Belk (50%)
- Lenovo (44%)
- Nordstrom’s (39%)
- GameStop (38.8%)
- Office Depot and OfficeMax (33.3%)
- The Home Depot (32.1%)
- Meijer (32%)
As for what items will likely have the best discounts, WalletHub notes
- 15.85% of discounts are on computers and phones.
- 15.03% are on apparel and accessories.
- 11.3% are on toys
- 10.5% are on appliances
- 9.11% are on consumer electronics
- 4.78% are on jewelry