Torn between getting a fresh tree or artificial tree this holiday season? There are good things about both. What you decide to get really depends on your lifestyle and family.
Here’s a quick guide to help you decide:
- Picking out a tree is a fun tradition and activity to share with your entire family.
- It makes the house smell amazing.
- They are biodegradable and recyclable.
- Depending on the size, they are usually less expensive than artificial trees.
- You’ll be helping small businesses by shopping at local farms.
- There’s absolutely no mess or maintenance. You never have to water it, trim branches or deal with falling needles.
- You can reuse your artificial tree year after year, eliminating an annual expense.
- The branches will hold almost any weight ornament, so it’s easier to decorate.
- They are fire resistant, so no fear of dried out trees being a safety hazard. (Real Simple)