Anyone with kids will tell you there are a lot of things to consider when deciding where you want to raise your family. While a lot of people may stick to the state they grew up in, they may do better moving to another state entirely, and a new report reveals which ones they may want to consider.
- WalletHub looked at all 50 states in the U.S., judging them on 52 different factors to determine which are the best and worst states in the country to raise a family.
- They looked at such key factors as housing affordability, share of families with young children, quality of local schools, and healthcare, as well as if there are opportunities for fun and recreation.
- So, what state should you pick up and move to if you want to do the best by your fam?
- Massachusetts tops the list, with a score of 60.88.
- It ranks in the Top Ten in three areas – education and childcare (3), family fun (9) and health and safety (10).
- When it comes to family fun, California tops the list, while Vermont is tops for health and safety, New Jersey is number one for education, and childcare and affordability, and North Dakota is tops for socio-economic rank.
Top Ten Best States To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- North Dakota
- New York
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- On the flipside, New Mexico is considered worst state in the U.S. to raise a family, with a total score of just 29.95, coming in dead last for education and childcare and in the bottom ten in all other categories except family fun, where it ranks 38th.
The Ten Worst States To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.