We are barely two months into the New Year and while some folks may have started off the 2021 wanting to get healthy and lose weight, many are realizing that dieting isn't the answer.
A new survey conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Zero Fasting finds:
- Close to 50% of Americans insist they will never go on a diet again.
- 70% of people have realized that any diet with strict rules won’t really work for them.
- 53% find fad dieting intimidating.
- Half of those who have dieted admitted they wind up losing weight quickly just to gain it back again as soon as they stop dieting.
- When it comes to dieting, the most common struggles people face include:
- Counting calories (42%)
- Limiting carb intake (37%)
- Weighing their food (29%)
So, what do people plan to do instead of diet?
- Well, three-quarters of respondents want to focus more on their overall health this year.
- Some healthy decisions they plan to make include:
- Drinking water instead of a sugary drink (44%)
- Getting 8 hours of sleep (37%)
- Eating a salad (34%)
- Exercising for 20-30 minutes a day (32%)
- Having mental clarity / no more brain fog (28%)
- Getting 10,000 steps a day (21%)