When people look for a place to live, they may research school districts, or look for places near shops and restaurants, but if happiness is the ultimate thing you seek, a new report is here to help.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Happiest Cities in the U.S.
- They looked at 180 of the largest cities in America, judging them on 31 key factors of happiness.
- They judged them in areas of emotional and physical wellbeing, income and employment, and community and environment.
- Topping the list is Freemont, California, which scores a 73.66 out of 100 and lands at number one for emotional and physical wellbeing, and five for community and environment.
- Burlington, Vermont tops the list for income and employment, while Rapid City, South Dakota is number one for community and environment.
Top Ten Happiest Cities in the U.S.
(click here for the complete list)
- Fremont, CA
- Bismarck, ND
- Fargo, ND
- Madison, WI
- San Jose, CA
- South Burlington, VT
- Lincoln, NE
- Columbia, MD
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Santa Rosa, CA
- And if the research named a happiest city, there has to be a city that falls at the bottom of the list, and that was Detroit, Michigan, which scores a 34.29, and ranks at the bottom of the barrel in all three categories.