If you’re hoping to find a new job this year you are not alone. Based on a new survey, it seems a lot of folks are ready find a new gig so you’ll be facing some stiff competition.
Achiever’s Workforce Institute’s fourth annual Employee Engagement & Retention Report finds:
- 52% of American employees say they plan to look for a new job in 2021.
- The two main reasons folks want to find a new gig include:
- Better compensation and benefits (35%)
- Better work/life balance (25%)
- The pandemic has also played a role in why some workers are not happy with their current job situation.
- 51% of those working from home worry they are being seen as less productive.
- For this reason, 40% of workers are starting their jobs earlier and working later.
- And an additional third are skipping lunch breaks.
- Additionally, 46% of employees say they felt less connected to their company or colleagues over the past year.
- 42% also say company culture has diminished.
- This is due to:
- Lack of communication (26%)
- Lack of an effort to make remote employees feel connected (25%)