There are plenty of people who like a glass of wine, a pint of beer or a cocktail now and again, and while lots of people can enjoy their alcoholic beverages in moderation, there are plenty of people out there who drink regularly, and sometimes way too much. So, where do most of these people live?
- Well, 24/7 Tempo set out to determine the 'Most Drunk State' in the U.S.
- They based their findings on excessive drinking data from the 2020 Country Health Rankings & Roadmaps, released by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
- They looked at the percentage of men and women 18 and over who report excessive drinking, as well as health outcomes like driving deaths that are alcohol related and more.
- Many of the states with the highest drinking rates were located in the Midwest, including all of the top six.
- Seven of the 10 states with the lowest excessive drinking rates are in the South.
- Overall, Wisconsin in the drunkest state in the U.S., with 24.2% of adults drinking excessively.
- Madison is the drunkest metro area in Wisconsin, with 27.8% of adults drinking excessively.
Top Ten Drunkest States in the U.S.
(click hereto see where your sate falls on the list)
- North Dakota
- Not all that surprising is the least drunk state in the U.S., which is Utah, where only 12.2% of adults drink excessively.
Source:24/7 Wall Street