Easter is just around the corner and for a lot of people it wouldn’t be an Easter celebration without lots and lots of candy.
A new report by the National Confectioners Association finds:
- About $4 billion is spent on chocolate and candy over the Easter holiday season.
- Easter baskets are likely to contain lots of both, with 85% of people saying they include them in their baskets.
- 87% of people say they enjoy Easter-themed candy and chocolates.
- A favorite Easter-themed treat is chocolate bunnies, with nearly 50% saying it’s their fave, with only 19% preferring jelly beans.
- When it comes to eating their chocolate bunnies:
- 78% will eat the ears first
- 22% split evenly between feet and tail first.
- As for how much Easter candy people eat, most people admit to eating it two to three times a week.
- That means they are consuming about 40 calories a day and about one teaspoon of added sugar.