Americans didn’t get to travel much over the past year due to the pandemic, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t dreaming about doing so.
According to a new Motel 6 survey:
- 24% of Americans say they spent the past year scrolling social media sites for travel inspiration to fulfill their pent-up desire for travel.
- In fact, the average American spent 176 hours scrolling sites for travel inspiration.
- 76% of those people say all that scrolling made them interested in traveling more.
- 63% say it helped them stay happy and positive over the past year.
Not surprising, a lot of people missed out on traveling over the past 12 months.
- 76% of Americans say they didn’t travel as much as they’d hoped in 2020.
- The average person says it’s been seven months since they traveled for fun.
- As for when they’ll travel again, 55% say they are waiting until they receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- But some folksareplanning to get back to traveling this year.
- 69% say they have made travel plans for 2021.
- 54% plan to travel by car.
- 56% say they are more likely to plan a road trip this year than in previous years.