It may be hard to imagine life without your BFF, but if the relationship is more stressful than supportive and fun – it may be time to cut ties. Therapist Shani Tran says these are some of the reasons to re-examine your relationship with your BFF:
- They’re always putting you down.
- You’re affected by their drama/problems.
- They don’t show any interest in you or what you’re going through but expect you to be interested in them.
- They are competitive with you/jealous of you and not supportive of your dreams.
- You’re making all the effort to keep in contact.
- They make you feel nervous whenever you’re around them/on the phone with them/Facetiming with them (Pop Sugar)