Is there a person in your life who is always late?Are you that person? A new survey found that 70% of people say there is a person in their group of friends who is known for always being late – but less than 25% admitted they were that person. 47% said they have lied about the actual time they were meeting so their always-late friend would get there on time. Everyone is late now and again, but how they feel about being tardy is a whole other story. Well, now a new survey reveals folks real feelings about not being on time.
A survey finds:
- The average adult gets stressed if they are as little as 10 minutes late to some sort of event.
- In fact, half of those polled admit they are “obsessed” with being on time.
- 56% of people admit thy plan ahead to make sure they are never running late, with most people considering anything past 13 minutes “late.”
- What’s more, 60% of people insist on being early to events, while 39% say it’s socially unacceptable to be late.
Of course, everyone knows someone who is always late to everything.
- 70% of people say they have a friend who is known for being late.
- Less than 25% are willing to admit they arethatfriend.
- And a lot of folks have found a way to deal with that perpetually late friend.
- 47% admit they’ve told their late friend an earlier meeting time so if they were late they’d actually show up on time.
- As for the most common excuses for being late:
- 37% blame it on traffic.
- 33% say their morning alarm didn’t go off.
- 32% blame it on their car not starting.