Being a mom is tough and being a working mom can be even tougher, especially if you live in an area that doesn’t do enough to support mothers in the workplace. Well, a new report reveals which states are doing the best and worst job of meeting working mother's needs, and it may just make you re-think where you live.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Best and Worst States for Working Moms.
- They judged all 50 states and the District of Columbia on 17 key metrics.
- The factors cover such as childcare, professional opportunities and work-life balance.
- With all that in mind, Massachusetts earns the honor of being the best state for working moms.
- It earns a 65.12 out of 100 coming in first for work-life balance and second for childcare.
- Minnesota, fifth overall, is tops for childcare, while Maryland, which comes in 17th overall, is tops for professional opportunities.
Top Ten Best States For Working Moms
- District of Columbia
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- New York
- On the flipside, Louisiana is the worst state for working moms, earning a 26.69.
- It comes in 50th for childcare, 51stfor professional opportunities, and 38th for work-life balance.
Ten Worst States For Working Moms
- South Carolina
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
Click hereto see where your state falls.