In case you forgot, Sunday is Mother’s Day, and compared to last year more people will be able to celebrate with mom, but let’s hope they get her what she really wants.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 68% of Americans plan to celebrate Mother’s Day this year.
- 51% plan to celebrate with mom in person, something only 38% did last year due to COVID.
- 55% of Americans will purchase a gift for their mom on Mother’s Day.
- 41% will send a card.
- 40% will have a special meal or celebration at home.
- 37% will talk to mom on the phone.
- 21% plan to dine out with mom for her special day.
- When it comes to mom vs. dad, most people will spend more for mom.
- In fact, 62% of people say they spend more for mom on Mother’s Day, compared to just 6% who spend more for dad on Father’s Day.
And when it comes to what to get for mom, it seems most mothers don’t really expect anything big.
- 43% simply want a card for Mother’s Day.
- Other gifts moms want include:
- Flowers (36%)
- A special experience with my family (33%)
- A keepsake/personal item (26%)
- Chocolate (24%)
- Something homemade (24%)
- Certificate for a spa/massage (23%)
- Jewelry (21%)
- Have a day to myself (19%)
- Have someone else take care of household chores I normally do (19%)
- Breakfast in bed (14%)