Nobody ever said being an adult was easy, which may be why so many people had to overcome some big fears to embrace becoming one.
A new survey finds:
- 58% of Americans say before living on their own they were afraid of “adulting” tasks.
- Another 56% say they wish they were more prepared for such responsibilities.
- One of the first signs that made someone realize they were a adult was thinking about saving money (35%)
- Other big “adulting” signs include:
- Doing their taxes (32%)
- Signing up for insurance (29%)
- Sticking to a budget (29%)
- So, at what age should people start feeling like an adult?
- Well, on average most folks say it should start around age 25.
- But 30% of people say it didn’t happen until after that.
- 51% of Americans feel like they are not where they should be in life.
- 39% feel like they are being left in the dust by friends.
When it comes to their adulting concerns, many issues revolve around money.
- Some of the biggest concerns include:
- Having enough in their personal savings (41%)
- Having enough for retirement (41%)
- Health and medical expenses (30%)