Linda Evangelista Says Cosmetic Procedure Left Her “Permanently Deformed”
Supermodel Linda Evangelista admits she’s “become a recluse,” and her reasoning is a warning to anyone considering getting work done. If you want to know why she’s “not been working while [her] peers’ careers have been thriving,” she’s blaming a cosmetic procedure she claims left her “brutally disfigured.”
The procedure in question? Zeltiq’s CoolSculpting, which aims to kill fat cells by freezing them. But Evangelista says her procedure was botched, and left her “permanently deformed even after two painful, unsuccessful corrective surgeries.” In her case, she says the treatment increased her fat cells rather than decreasing them, and left her looking – she points out, as the “media has described” her – “unrecognizable.”
“[It] has not only destroyed my livelihood, [but also] sent me into a cycle of deep depression, profound sadness, and the lowest depths of self-loathing,” she writes onInstagram. “With this lawsuit, I am moving forward to rid myself of my shame, and going public with my story. I would like to walk out my door with my head held high, despite not looking like myself any longer.”
“Tiger King 2” Coming To Netflix
If you didn’t get enough “Tiger King” last year, you’re in luck. Netflix announced asecond installmentas part of their true crime slate. To review,Joe Exotic,Carole Baskin,Jeff Lowe, and their big cat drama captivated everyone in the early days of the pandemic. According to the press release, “Tiger King 2” promises “more madness and mayhem.”
It’s not clear where in the timeline of events “Tiger King 2” will pick up. However, clips show Carole, Jeff, and Joe phoning in from jail, where he is currently serving a 17-year sentence for attempting a murder for hire plot aimed at Baskin.
Netflix also shared four other upcoming true crime series and docs.
- “The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman”– It’s the story of one of the world’s most notorious conmen who was convicted in 2005
- “The Tinder Swindler”– This docuseries investigates a man who posed as a billionaire on dating app Tinder
- “Trust No One: The Hunt for the Crypto King”– This one follows a group of investors as they look into the mysterious death of cryptocurrency mastermindGerry Cotton.
- “Bad Vegan”– This is the story of restaurant ownerSarma Melngailis, who was conned out of millions by a backer.
Tom Girardi Thinks Erika Jayne Knew About Legal Woes
Tom Girardi seems to be throwing his estranged wife Erika Jayne under the bus.As we’ve been telling,there’s plenty of speculation both in court and on “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” around whether Jayne knew about his legal woes… and Girardi seems to have given an answer.
Paparazzi caught up with the disbarred power lawyer on his way back from lunch with a friend, asking, “Did Erika know anything” about the case. Girardi stayed silent for a moment as his posse told the paps to buzz off, before giving an answer, “I think she does.”
Investigators are keeping a close eye on Girardi and Jayne, so we’ll have to wait and see how his statement affects legal proceedings.
Khloe Kardashian To Commentate Candy Crush Tournament
Khloé Kardashianishostingthe first-ever Candy Crush All-Stars Tournament. She’ll provide commentary for the event, which will be held in-app.
In a statement, Khloe said, “Anyone who knows me knows that I think I’m the most competitive in my family, and it’s no different when it comes to Candy Crush. This game has always provided an outlet for me to release my inner competitor. The All-Stars tournament offers the perfect opportunity to take my crushing skills to the next level.”
The tournament, which started yesterday, goes through October 7th. Any player above level 25 will be eligible for entry.
Shawn Mendes Announces “Wonder: The World Tour”
As promised,Shawn Mendesjust announced dates for “Wonder: The World Tour,” a 64-date arena tour that will kick off in the UK and Europe before hitting North America.
The European and UK dates, featuring special guest King Princess,kicks of March 14thin Copenhagen, Denmark. The North American dates, which features special guests Dermot Kennedyon the first leg and Tate McRae on the second, on select dates, launches June 27thin Portland, Oregon, and wraps October 26thin Newark, New Jersey.
Check out the first set of dates below and the complete list and on-sale infohere.
- June 27th: Portland, OR - Moda Center
- Jun 28th: Seattle, WA - Climate Pledge Arena
- June 30th: Sacramento, CA - Golden 1 Center
- July 2nd: Vancouver, BC – Venue to be announced
- July 5th: Edmonton, AB - Rogers Place
- July 9th: St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- July 12th: Milwaukee, WI - Fiserv Forum
- July 15th: Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
- July 19th: Cleveland, OH - Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- July 20th: Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena
Britney Spears’ Fiancé Blasts Netflix Doc
As we told you, Netflix debuted the trailer for their upcoming BritneySpears documentary “Britney vs. Spears” and her fiancé Sam Asghari is not happy about it.
"I hope the profit from these docs go towards fighting against injustice #freebritney," Asghari wrote on Netflix's post sharing the teaser.
And he wasn’t the only one upset.Lady Gaga’s manager Bobby Campbell commented, "How much money is being made by third parties from this documentary leveraging Britney's personal story and its value in the media?" adding, "There needs to be transparency about how or whether the filmmakers are profiting from this doc …Even if it is in support of freeing Britney, this appears that it could be exploitative."
And Sam was all for the comment, responding with a “ a "100" emoji.”
"Britney vs. Spears” debuts September 28th.
Billie Eilish Said She Lost 100K Followers Because Of “Big Boobs;” Madonna Defends Her
Earlier this year Billie Eilish debuted a new look, trading in her customary baggy clothes for a corset that showed off her figure, and apparently it upset a lot of her fans and prompted quite a reaction from online trolls.
“People hold on to these memories and have an attachment. But it’s very dehumanizing," Billie shares in an interview with “Elle” magazine, “I lost 100,000 followers, just because of the boobs. People are scared of big boobs.”
The comment prompted Madonna to come to Billie’s defense. “The problem is, we still live in a very sexist world where women are put into categories,” she shares “You’re either in the virgin category or the whore category.” She adds, “Billie started off in a non-sexualized category, not pandering to the masses and not using her sexuality in any way, which is her choice and God bless her for that -- after all, she’s been a teenager all this time."
Madonna continued, “Women should be able to portray themselves in any way they want," noting, "If Billie were a man, no one would be writing about this. A man can show up dressed in a suit and tie for the first three years of his career, and then the next month he could be dressed likePrinceorMick Jagger,shirt off, wearing eyeliner, and no one would say a word.”
The Fugees' First Show Starts Late
The Fugees came together fortheir first showin 15 years on Wednesday. The Global Citizen Live event was a precursor for their world tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of “The Score.”
True to form,Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean, and Pras Michel hit the stage three and a half hours late. But they made it worth it. They had a ten-piece band, full horn section, and backup singers helping them burn through hits like “Killing Me Softly,” “Ready or Not,” and “Fu-Gee-La.” While their performance was short, it was memorable.
We’ll get to see it on ABC, FX Apple TV, and YouTube on tomorrow for Global Citizen Live. After that, the tour kicks off on November 2nd in Chicago, with stops in Los Angeles, Miami, and Paris before wrapping in Ghana on December 18th.
- First Full Trailer For Kristen Stewart’s Diana Movie:We’re finally getting a good look atKristen Stewart as Princess Diana. Not only that, we’re getting to hear Stewart’s take on Diana’s accent. The first full trailer has arrived for the upcoming biopic “Spencer,” which revolves around the end of her marriage to Prince Charles.In the preview, we get to see Diana face Charles, Queen Elizabeth II, and one of her sons. Plus, a haunting line at the end from Diana, “Will they kill me, do you think?” “Spencer” premieres November 5th.Check out the trailer to the right.
- Super Mario Bros Movie Lands All-Star Cast:There’s a new Super Mario Bros movie on the way, and it’sannounced an all-star voice cast.Chris Pratt and Charlie Day will play the iconic video game siblings Mario and Luigi, while Anya Taylor-Joy has been tapped as Princess Peach. Rolling out the voice cast is Jack Black as the supervillain Bowser, Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong, and Keegan Michael Key as Toad… and that’s not even the whole list. So far, no official release date for the animated movie.We’ll keep you posted.
- “Notting Hill” Director Roger Michell Dies: Roger Michell, best known as the director of “Notting Hill,” has died at 65. His publicist hasconfirmed the news to the Associated Press. He shot to fame with the 1991 romantic comedy, which starred Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. Roberts haspaid tribute Michell on Instagram, writing, “I loved every minute we spent together.” Michell’s final films were 2019’s “Blackbird” with Susan Sarandon and Kate Winslet, and 2020’s “The Duke” with Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren.