While some people deal with neighbors from hell, there are a lot of folks who actually like their neighbors. In fact, there are some places in the U.S. where folks actually like and socialize with the people around them, and now a new report reveals where they are in the U.S.
- Yesterday was National Neighbor Day, and in honor of the occasion, Neighbor.com just came out with their list of the Most Neighborly Cities in the U.S.
- The list is based on key data points, such as volunteering, charitable giving, neighborly acts, and other important dimensions.
- Topping the list is Madison, Wisconsin, which is also considered the happiest city in the U.S., and leads the nation in donations to non-profits per 100,000 residents.
Top 10 Most Neighborly Cities in the U.S.
- Madison, WI
- Rochester, NY
- Portland, OR
- Minneapolis, MN
- Des Moines, IA
- Washington, D.C.
- Boston, MA
- Seattle, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Milwaukee, WI
When it comes to neighbors, a poll conducted by the site finds:
- 61.5% of people hang out with their neighbors at least a few times a year.
- 29% hang out with them weekly.
- 79.1% have done at least one favor for a neighbor in the past year.
- 65.8% have at least two neighbors they can rely on to help them with things like watering the plants or picking up mail if they are out of town.