Halloween is just around the corner, and folks have probably started hitting up the supermarket to get their candy stash for trick-or-treaters. But nobody wants to be that house with the candy nobody likes, and now a new report may help you make sure you pick up everybody's favorites.
- Instacart just came out with report on Halloween candy.
- According to their data, last year over 2.5 million pounds of candy was purchased in the weeks leading up to October 31st.
- Peanut M&Ms were the most popular candy, followed by regular M&Ms.
Top 10 Halloween Candy
- Peanut M&Ms
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Kit Kat
- Candy Corn
- Sour Patch Kids
- HARIBO Goldbears
Other Halloween tidbits from Instacart’s report:
- 43% of all October candy purchases take place during the last week of the month.
- And apparently a lot of people wait until the last minute, because the peak purchasing day is October 31st.
- States in the South, including Mississippi, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Arkansas, are the most likely to purchase candy corn.
- 35% of people say they love candy corn, but 16% of people say candy corn is the worst Halloween candy.
- States that purchase the most candy include Utah, Idaho, Alaska, Montana and Washington.
- States that purchase the least include North Carolina, Florida, New York, Iowa and Connecticut.
- 53% of parents say they are absolutely or probably going to eat their kids candy.
- And 56% of those parents won’t feel any guilt about it.