Woody Harrelson Scuffles With Man Atop DC's Watergate Hotel
Woody Harrelson scuffled atop DC’s Watergate Hotel on Wednesday night. According to reports, the actor got into it with a man who was taking pictures of him and his daughter on the hotel rooftop.
Apparently, Harrelson asked him to delete the photos, only for the guy to lunge at the actor and try to “grab his neck.” Police tell“NBC Washington”that the unofficial paparazzo seemed intoxicated at the time.
Harrelson responded by clocking the guy in what police called “apparent self defense.” The man was later questioned in his hotel room, and charges are pending as the case is investigated.
- Speaking of Watergate, you can look forward to an upcoming HBO miniseries about the Watergate scandal from the actor, which he’s been in DC to work on, “The White House Plumbers.”
Barbara Corcoran Apologizes To Whoopi For Fat Joke On “The View”
“Shark Tank” judge Barbara Corcoran is apologizing after she made a body shaming comment about Whoopi Goldberg on Thursday’s episode of “The View.” It happened while they were talking about Emma Grede, the founder and CEO of denim brand Good American, who will be the first black female guest on “Shark Tank.”
Co-host Sunny Hostin was raving about the size-inclusive jeans and Whoopi jokingly asked, “Will they fit this COVID (butt)?” And that’s when Corcoran made her attempt at a joke. “When you get finished with those jeans and decide you don’t like them, give them to me,” she said to Goldberg. “I’m gonna make two pairs.”
The look on Whoopi’s face was unamused, and co-host Ana Navarro jumped to her defense, by making a crack about Corcoran’s dress. Fans also called out the jeans joke on Twitter, saying Corcoran went too far. And she responded to the backlash with an apologyvideoto her “old friend” on Twitter. “I made a joke at Whoopi's expense, which I now realize wasn't funny,” she says. “For anyone who I may have offended unintentionally, I just wanted to say I really am very sorry.”
Meghan Trainor Defends Dual Potty Bathroom
We told you beforethat Meghan Trainor revealed she and hubs Daryl Sabara have side-by-side toilets… which they actually use together. Naturally, the revelation got a heck of a reaction from fans, and now Trainor is defending their dual potty bathroom.
When she first made the couple’s toilet reveal, Trainor said it was a convenient setup since their bodies have been “in sync” since welcoming a baby together. But taking to Twitter, Trainor now says that they only did number two together “ONCE.”
“To clear things up…we pooped ONCE together and we laughed and said never again…but he will hang out with me if I’m [pooping] cuz WE SOULMATES,” she writes. “And i legit miss him when I’m away from him. And we pee together obvi”
Food Network Parts Ways With Bobby Flay
After nearly three decades of work together, the Food Network and Bobby Flay are breaking up. As it happens, his most recent contract was up for negotiation and sources say he and the network were “far apart” on terms.
While Flay’s reps declined to comment, indicating that they’re playing hardball, but sources say the Food Network is over it. To put this in perspective, Flay's been on the channel since it's inception in 1994.
Since then, he's been the centerpiece of a number of shows, including "Bobby and Giada in Italy,” “Beat Bobby Flay,” “Brunch at Bobby’s,” “Chopped,” “Iron Chef America,” “Worst Cooks in America,” “The Next Food Network Star Is…” and “The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Flay also fronted the series “The Flay List.” Could they work things out after all? Doubtful. It's the Food Network that cuts talks off. And they're not commenting either.
- ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff With Kathryn Hahn Confirmed:A “WandaVision” spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn is in development at Disney,Variety sources say. The dark comedy would be centered around Hahn’s character, Agatha Harkness. “WandaVision” head writer Jac Schaeffer would be writer and executive producer.
- Trailer Drops For Brittany Murphy Series: We're getting a look at HBO Max's upcoming two-part docuseries about the life and death of Brittany Murphy. "What Happened Brittany Murphy?" features new archival footage and interviews with those closest to the actress, who tragically died at 32 in 2009. The series promises to go "beyond the headlinesto explore the mysterious circumstances" surrounding her passing. "What Happened Brittany Murphy?" premieres October 14th. Check out the trailer to the right.
- Jesse McCartney & Michael Bolton To Duet With "Masked Singer" Contestants: "The Masked Singer" will be welcoming some non-masked celebs this season.Jesse McCartney, who donned the reptilian mask in season 3, will return to duet with one of the Group A finalists on December 1st's episode, and he'll be joined by another special guest, GRAMMY-winner Michael Bolton. A hint at who Bolton will be singing with? The disguised celeb says it's not the first time they've done a duet... but that Bolton "doesn't know that." Hmm...
- Gwyneth Paltrow In "Sex, Love, & Goop" Trailer: Gwyneth Paltrow is helping couple spice things up with her Goop brand. The trailer has dropped for Netflix's new series "Sex, Love & Goop," which follows couples working with experts to explore their bodies and how to enhance their intimacy. "Sex, Love & Goopexplores what it means to be truly intimate in a relationship: to express your deepest fears and desires and to accept those of your partners," Paltrow says. "A continuation of Goop's mission to help our audience pursue the ineffable power of their own potential, the show is a toolkit for finding more pleasure and connection in our romantic lives. And it's full of lessons I wish I'd learned years ago." "Sex, Love & Goop" premieres October 21st. Check out the trailer to the right.
- Hoda Kotb Says She's Not In Katie Couric's Book: Katie Couric has been coming for just about everyone in her bombshell new book "Going there." But apparently, that doesn't include Hoda Kotb.As we previously reported, Couric will be promoting the memoir on "Today" October 19th, and it looks like Kotb checked Couric's book before booking the interview. At an event on Wednesday, Kotb told "Page Six" that she's "heard some excerpts" and was told she "was not mentioned"– plus, that the "shady tone" that's making headlines "is not really the vibe of it."
- Steve Carell To Star In New FX Limited Series:FX has ordered 10 half-hour episodes of a new psychological thriller, “The Patient” starringSteve Carell. The duo behind the award winning show “The Americans,”Joel FieldsandJoe Weisbergwill be writing and producing the limited series.
- Claire Foy To Play Sheryl Sandberg In Series About Facebook: Claire Foy, who played a young Queen Elizabeth on “The Crown” is set to play Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg in an upcoming series. The drama, “Doomsday Machine,” is an adaptation of the “New York Times” bestselling book “An Ugly Truth: Inside Facebook’s Battle for Domination.” The show will focus on Mark Zuckerberg and Sandberg and the challenges Facebook has dealt with as it pushed for growth.
- Selena Gomez shares trailer for “Selena + Chef” season three: The third season of Selena Gomez’s cooking show “Selena + Chef” debuts October 28thon HBO Max and now she’s giving fans a first look at what to expect. The singer just posted the trailer for the new season, which features chefs and food personalities like Aarón Sánchez, Ayesha Curry, Esther Choi, Fabio Viviani, Gabe Kennedy, Jamie Oliver, Kwame Onwuachi, Padma Lakshmi, Richard Blais and Sophia Roe. Check it outhere.