Experts and doctors are always telling us that regular exercise is good for our health, but according to a new survey, a lot of people just aren’t listening.
A new survey of over 1,500 adults finds:
- 39.4% of people do not work out at all each week.
- 22.5% work out one to two times a week.
- And only 7% work out every day.
- Women are more likely than men to say they never work out (54.1% vs. 45.8%).
- Although women are more likely to say they work out one to two times per week.
- Those ages 35 to 54 are more likely to say they never work out.
- And getting older isn’t what’s keeping people from working out.
- In fact, Americans 65 and older are less likely to say they never work out.
- Only 36.8% of those over 65 say they never work out, while 46.8% say thy work out at least three times a week.
- Those 18 to 24 are 26% more likely to say they never work out than those 65 and older.
- Mississippi is the least active state, with 65.4% of people saying they ever work out, followed by Mississippi (56%).
- Minnesota is the most active state, with only 18.8% saying they never work out, followed by California (26.8%).