Your dishwasher is good for so much more than sanitizing dishes. In fact, you’d be surprised at the number of household items you can clean more efficiently in there. Here are a few of our favorites from a list fromBetter Homes & Gardens:
- Phone cases– obviously, remove your phone from the case first
- Dog toys– keeping Rover safe, too
- Kids' toys– top rack for safety, and put small toys (like Legos) in a mesh bag
- Vacuum attachments– even detachable filters, but rinse them first
- Dustpans: load them like a plate
- Manicure tools– load ‘em right into the silverware caddy
- Flip-flops– load them like plates on their sides – revolutionary!