They say you are only as old as you feel, and according to a new survey, that means a lot of us are pretty old.
A poll of 25 to 45-year-olds finds:
- 64% of folks say they feel physically older than their actual age.
- 63% say they feel older than they expected they would at their current age.
- On a positive note, 73% feel mentally younger than they actually are.
- When it comes to their physical age, 40% say they suffer from unidentifiable aches and pains with the average person dealing with seven of them.
- The most common places folks feel these aches and pains include:
- Neck (54%)
- Joints (51%)
- Back (50%)
- Head (40%)
- Legs (38%)
- Overall, 55% of people agree with the statement “youth is wasted on the young.”
- As for what is causing folks to age prematurely
- Many say work, but it’s not necessarily because of stress and anxiety.
- Instead, 33% blamed it on their workstation ergonomics.
- And moms and dads certainly start feeling older earlier, with 34% of folks saying parenting as aged them.