While a lot of Americans do their best to stay fit and healthy, there are folks in certain parts of the country that aren’t doing the best job of it, and now a new report reveals where most of those folks live.
- Best Life has just come out with their list of the Unhealthiest States in the U.S.
- They based their list on “U.S. News & World Report’s” ranking of states based on their healthcare, as well as CDC data on adults’ lack of physical activity, their consumption of fruits and vegetables, and the percentage of adults who are obese.
- They also looked at the percentage of adults who get an insufficient amount of sleep.
- They put all that data together to come up with an Unhealthy Index, rated from one to 100.
- With all that in mind, Mississippi was named the unhealthiest state in the U.S. with an Unhealthy Index of 100.
- Mississippi ranks 49thwhen it comes to access to healthcare, with 33% of residents physically inactive, and only 6.3% consuming the recommended amounts of fruits and veggies.
- In addition, 40.8% of the population is considered obese, while 37.1% aren’t getting sufficient sleep.
Top Ten Unhealthiest States in the U.S.
- As for the healthiest state in the country, that honor goes to Vermont, which ranks fifth when it comes to access to healthcare, with only 20.5% of the population physically inactive, and obesity at only 26.6%.
- Also, only 14.1% of the population don’t eat the recommended fruits and veggies, and only 29.9% are getting insufficient sleep.
- Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.