Have you ever stopped to wonder what’s the best country in the world? Well, thanks to a new ranking of the Best Countries by “U.S. News & World Report,” we now know the answer.
So, which country is the best?
- The mag ranked 78 nations across a range of categories, including economic influence, military might, education and quality of life, as well as two new categories, social purpose and agility.
- For the first time ever, Canada tops the list, up from two last year.
- Canada ranks number one for quality of life and social purpose, and gets high marks for its good job market, caring about human rights and its commitment to social justice.
- The U.S. moves up one spot to six this year, although the mag says it ranks 18thwhen it comes to social justice, and is at 69 in the specific area of racial equality, behind both China and Iraq.
- The U.S. once again ranks at number one for most powerful, and also tops the list for most agile.
- Sweden was ranked the number one country for women, while the Netherlands was tops for racial equality.
Top Ten Best Countries In The World
(click herefor the complete list)
- United States
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- As for the worst country in the world, Iraq ranks dead last at 78, with El Salvador and Serbia just behind them.
Source:U.S. News & World Report