No matter how safe and secure we all feel in our homes, there are times when the slightest unexplained noise creeps us out, and apparently for a lot of people, that sends them into a bit of a spiral.
A new survey finds:
- 53% of Americans admit to getting up to investigate unexplained noises in their house, even though they know it’s probably nothing.
- The average person hears such unexplained noises about three times a week.
- And two out of the three times they get spooked by those noises.
- So, how do most people react when they hear these unexplained sounds?
- 44% simply wait to see if they hear it again.
- 41% get out of bed and investigate
- 26% wait to see if their dog barks.
- 23% make their partner investigate.
- 22% check the home security system.
- 16% just roll over and ignore it.
- 10% grab something nearby for protection.
- Of course, not everyone is suspicious of such noises.
- 44% of people say their first though is “it must b the wind.”
- 34% will tell themselves “it’s probably noting."
- Only 19% have the first thought that it may be a burglar.