While most people will say their pet is part of the family, it isn’t always easy to find that perfect four-legged fur baby. In fact, it takes quite a while for most folks to find the pet that’s right for them.
A new survey finds:
- The average pet owner says it takes four months and 20 days of searching to find the perfect pet.
- 50% said they went to three or more shelters before finding “the one.”
- Plus, the average person spent six hours and 24 minutes looking through adoption sites in search of the pet that was right for them.
- But most do not regret putting in all that work.
- 60% say it was “love at first sight” when they found their pet.
- Another 63% describe their pet as their soulmate.
May is National Pet Foster Care month, and fostering is certainly a great way for many to find the pet that’s right for them.
- Of the 75% of people who fostered pets, 69% say it helped them become more confident as a pet owner.
- 68% admit they’ve “foster failed,” and wound up adopting the pet they fostered.
- 87% of those people admit they knew they were going to adopt that foster pet “immediately” after meeting them.