There’s no doubt the past year and a half has been tough for a lot of workers, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that many are close to their breaking point.
A new Robert Half survey finds:
- 44% of professionals say they are more burned out by their job right now than they were last year.
- In 2020, a similar poll found 34% of workers were burned out by their job.
- 49% of current workers suffering burn out blame their fatigue on heavier workloads.
Another reason workers may be suffering burnout is that they haven’t had much time off.
- In fact, a separate poll finds that 25% of workers say they forfeited paid time off last year.
- Many plan to make up for it this year, with one in three planning to take more than three weeks vacation this year.
- 57% plan to travel on an “awaycation” and completely disconnect from work.
- 32% would rather enjoy a “staycation”
- 11% actually prefer a “workcation,” which combines work and vacation.
- But whatever vacation they take, may won’t be completely forgetting about work.
- 28% of workers say they will be checking in with work during their time off.