Millennials currently make up the largest generation with about 80 million of them and all those mid-20 to early 40-somethings need a place to live. So, which states are best suited for this often looked down upon generation?
- Well, WalletHub has come out with their annual list of the Best and Worst States for Millennials.
- They judged the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 34 key metrics in areas of Affordability, Education & Health, Quality of Life, Economic Health and Civic Engagement.
- With that in mind, Washington was named the best state for Millennials, earning a score of 68.01.
- It is tops for affordability, and in the Top 10 for quality of life and economic health.
- District of Columbia, second overall, is tops for education and health and quality of life, while Utah, third overall, is tops for economic health, and Maine is tops for civic engagement.
Top 10 Best States for Millennials
- District of Columbia
- North Dakota
- As for the worst state for Millennials, that would be West Virginia, which scores a 32.48 out of 100 and comes in dead last for quality of life and civic engagement, and second to last for economic health.
10 Worst States for Millennials
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
- Rhode Island
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.