A beach on Florida's Gulf Coast is being named the top beach in the U.S.
TripAdvisor is out with its new list of the best beaches in the U.S. this summer, and the top honor goes to St. Pete Beach, near St. Petersburg. Second best beach, according to the traveling website, is Ka'anapali [[ kah-ah-nah-PAH-lee ]] Beach in Hawaii, on the west coast of Maui. Coming in third is Moonstone Beach, on California's central coast.
Hawaii takes up five of the top 10 spots, which really isn’t a surprise. Only one beach in the Northeast made the cut; Ogunquit Beach in Maine.
- St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Moonstone Beach, Cambria, California
- Wailea Beach, Wailea, Hawaii
- Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Napili Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Ogunquit Beach, Maine
- Wai’anapanapa State Park, Hana, Hawaii
- Madeira Beach, Florida
- Kailua Beach Park, Kailua, Hawaii
- Source:Mercury News