Just about anything can put someone in a bad mood, and when that happens people can look to anything to make them feel better, and a new report reveals the most common mood-boosters out there.
A new poll by Hope Foods finds:
- Food is a go-to item for a lot of people when they are in a bad mood.
- In fact, 43% say that when they are in a bad mood they will “eat something” to feel better.
- Half of respondents reach for something sweet in order to boost their mood, while 38% go for salty treats.
- But food isn’t the only thing people go to in order to shake them out of their bad mood.
- Other mood boosters include:
- Take a bath (40%)
- Distract yourself with a book, TV show, etc. (37%)
- Cook or bake (37%)
- Meditation/deep breathing (37%)
- Cleaned or tidied up (34%)
- Exercise or stretches (e.g. yoga) (32%)
- Go outside for fresh air (29%)
- Talk to a friend or family member (26%)
- Cuddle with a pet (18%)
- Have a cocktail or other alcoholic beverage (10%)