There are few greater feelings in life than pure joy, and after the last year and a half, the things that are bringing people that joy has certainly changed.
A new Comfort Keepers survey of Americans 30 years old and older finds:
- One of the top things that bring Americans joy these days is seeing family members (42%).
- Other things that bring joy include:
- Spending time with family (38%)
- Traveling (37%)
- Seeing close friends (32%)
- Not wearing a mask (28%)
- When asked to name the first thing they can think of that brings them joy, children, grandchildren and spouses were the top responses.
- Seeing loved ones is so important to people, that 45% of folks plan to see their loved ones as soon as they are vaccinated.
- That’s more than the amount of folks who want to attend a sporting event once vaccinated (20%) or frequent the beach or pool (27%).
And the last year dealing with the pandemic has certainly changed folks perspective on how to live a joyful life.
- 40% say they’ve now learned to slow down and “stop and smell the roses” and “savor every moment.”
- Another 42% hope to try and not “sweat the small stuff” anymore.
- 80% of folks believe the world needs more joy.