While a lot of people profess to love America, there are certainly areas of the country that are more patriotic than others. And in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday, WalletHub has revealed which states show off their patriotism the most.
- The site just released their list of the Most Patriotic States in the U.S.
- They compared each state on 13 key indicators, in areas of Military and Civic Engagement.
- Factors include things like share of adults who voted in the last presidential election, share of enlisted military population, AmeriCorps volunteers per capita and more
- Based on these criteria, the site named Montana the most patriotic state, earning a score of 61.91 out of 100, and landing at number one for Civic Engagement.
- Alaska, two overall, is tops for Military Engagement.
Top Ten Most Patriotic States
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
As for the least patriotic state, New York earns the “honor,” with a score of just 21.64, landing in 49thfor Military Engagement and 45th for Civic Engagement.
Ten Least Patriotic States
- New York
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.